Lamar Institute of Technology: focusing on innovative education, training, and career development for tomorrow's workforce.
Lamar Institute of Technology provides innovative teaching and learning for tomorrow's workforce.
The Institute of Technology recognizes its obligation to make available to the community all the opportunities implicit in its function as a part of the Texas State University System. In an effort to achieve this goal, the specific objectives of the college are as follows:
- To provide professionally competent faculty and staff.
- To demonstrate excellent and effective teaching.
- To provide student-oriented faculty and staff.
- To provide competent graduates.
- To create an environment conducive to academic excellences and growth for all students.
- To provide and maintain safe, healthy physical facilities.
- To provide an active student development program to foster student participation in Institute actions.
- To develop programs to attract regional, state, and national recognition.
- To provide guidance services to assist each student in making an appropriate vocational choice.
- To provide education and training which allow graduates to advance rapidly in their chosen fields.
- To instill in students the desires to learn, which will guide their growth in their professions.
- To provide in-service training to persons currently employed in Southeast Texas.
- To respond to community needs by designing curriculum and instructional methodologies and to provide the technological equipment relevant to changing society.
- To ensure continued professional competence of faculty and staff in teaching, creative endeavors, and service.
- To provide open access for those who wish to attend.
- To recruit students for career and technical programs.
- To provide services for the community.
- To promote a belief in the dignity, equality, and value of every person.
- To recruit and maintain a diverse student population.
- To decrease gender-bias stereotyping within traditional career and technical programs.
The Institute of Technology adopted five Core Values in December 2010.
We cultivate partnerships that develop solutions to community challenges which are important to economic vitality and quality of life.
We strive for excellence in instruction and service by upholding high academic and professional standards, providing a quality educational environment, and continuously seeking improvement in all aspects of our work.
We pursue excellence in teaching and learning through encouragement and support of creativity, experimentation, imagination, originality, entrepreneurial spirit and visionary leadership.
We strive to demonstrate high standards of ethical conduct and to celebrate honesty, openness, and trust as keys to our relationships.
We recognize and value the uniqueness, diversity, and dignity of every individual.